About Forest Schools
Forest School is an inspirational process, which offers all participants opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self esteem, through hands on learning and play experiences in a natural environment.
- Is a long term process with frequent and regular sessions in a local natural space, not a one off visit.
- Takes place in a natural environment to support the development of a relationship with the natural world.
- Aims to promote the holistic development of all those involved.
- Fosters resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Builds on an individual's innate motivation and positive attitude to learning.
- Offers opportunities to take supported risks appropriate to the environment.
- Is run by a qualified Forest School Practitioner who continuously develop their professional practice.