Welcome to Parkland Primary School.
Our mission statement: At Parkland Primary School, children learn in an atmosphere of courtesy, kindness and respect. By providing a stimulating, caring and enjoyable environment we ensure that each individual is able to fulfil their potential.
Welcome back to all our returning children and parents and a warm welcome to anybody new to Parkland. We have a lot of new children this September, not just in Nursery and Reception, but across school and they are settling in well. Well done to current children for being so open and helpful to all.
SCHOOL JUMPERS ARE AVALABLE TO BUY FROM THE OFFICE NOW. ANYONE BUYING A NEW PARKLAND JUMPER NOW WILL GET A FREE COOPERATIVE ACADEMY PARKLAND JUMPER WHEN WE CONVERT TO AN ACADEMY
If you require a paper copy of any of the information published on our website please contact the school office. This will be free of charge.
Please click above to see the most recent Ofsted Monitoring Visit letter. We are due for an Ofsted Inspection but we are also waiting to convert to an academy with the Co-operative Academy Trust. We held a parents' meeting at the end of summer term and thank you to everyone who attended. No-one will see any dramatic overnight changes around school apart from some signs but we will be working with our new partners to make school better for all.
We would like to share some of our main priorities in school this year so you know what we are working on. School Improvement Priorities:
- improve reading across Y3 to Y6 and ensure all children are fluent, enjoy reading and can respond to questions at their age level
- develop maths reasoning and children's ability to talk and give written answers about their maths
- improve phonics results for Year One this year so they are back at national standards and ensure as many children as possible in the current Year Two class pass the phonics check
- develop the skills children in non-core subjects (Music, Design Technology, Art, Geography etc) learn and ensure they are making progression in every year group
- increase the number of children who know all their multiplication facts (to 12 x 12) and the corresponding division facts
- improve attendance for those who are currently missing more than 5% of school days
- develop outdoor learning and personal, emotional and problem solving skills that link to this
- ensure all children access all areas of provision in Early Years and that boys and girls have lots of opportunities to read and write
Latest Parkland Events
- Y6 Parents are invited to class19Sep2018
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Online Safety Talk Y325Sep2018
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Online Safety Talk Y425Sep2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Y3 Trip to Cliffe Castle27Sep2018
- School Closed Training Day01Oct2018
Parkland Primary School News
- We have two girls coats that have been found in KS1
- We have new vacancies for a parent Governors to join us in our new Governing body.
- Due to the changes in the Privacy Laws
Old Park Road