Welcome to Parkland Primary School.
Our mission statement: At Parkland Primary School, children learn in an atmosphere of courtesy, kindness and respect. By providing a stimulating, caring and enjoyable environment we ensure that each individual is able to fulfil their potential.
Summer is definitely here and we are looking forward to visits out, Sports Day and end of year production and performances from different groups of students. Look out for information about a violins performance, a choir performance and Year Six's 'Move It' production coming soon.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information published on our website please contact the school office. This will be free of charge.
Please click above to see the most recent Ofsted Monitoring Visit letter. When you are judged as requiring improvement, you get a monitoring visit to check how you are doing. They simply judge whether or not school is 'taking effective action' towards its targets. We have been judged as taking effective action but we know we still have lots to do!
Update: we are working on our areas of development all the time. Expectations of all children are very high and we have a focus on challenging children in learning; all teachers from Year One to year Six are on a five term training programme to improve maths and there is a lot of reasoning going on around school; attendance is improving all the time and more and more children are getting to the standards they need to reach. Thank you for all your support in our efforts.
Have a look at children's work across school on reasoning in maths. Reasoning skills include showing how you have worked something out; explaining and justifying your answer; making predictions; proving statements right or wrong; using facts to find complex answers and much more. We are finding that the more children can talk about maths and explain what they do, the more confident they are and the easier they find complex problems and challenges.
Latest Parkland Events
- Y1 & Y2 Forest School Trip18Jun2018
9:00 am - 11:45 am
- Year 4 trip19Jun2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Media Museum
- Y6 Transition day for students who will be attending Benton Park19Jun2018
- Nursery Trip to Boldton Abbey22Jun2018
- Sports Day27Jun2018
KS2 9.30 - 11 KS1 & Rec 1.45 - 2.45
Parkland Primary School News
- School Council are holding a raffle to raise money for NSPCC.
- Due to the changes in the Privacy Laws
- 11th July in School @ 3pm
- We have been specially choose to host a BATFA Kids roadshow Wednesday 13th June. We will be having a visit from two of the presenters Chris Jarvis and Pui Fan Lee.
- You don't need to be able to draw come along and have some fun. The sessions runs for 6 weeks starting Monday 4th June until 9th July
Old Park Road